Monday, March 25, 2013

The three W

As this is the first message of this new blog, I felt it was necessary to explain the three W: Who, What and Why.
I won't detail too much the Who: I started programming early and my first "workstation" was an 8 bit home computer that Santa brought me at the age of 8. Since this first hardware, I have tried Basic (many different ones), Assembly (several ones), C, C++, Pascal and other languages. Naturally, I became a software developper but not only: I have been quickly involved in other responsibilites where programming was not the only required skill. Also, I should mention that english is not my native language so... please excuse any mistake I may do.
The content of this blog (What) is mostly related to my developments and the thinking behind these developments: this is why you will find articles related to Javascript and the current things I am trying to achieve. I started a project some time ago which had some good feedback but I quickly realized that I needed to formalize some concepts in order to progress efficiently to a scalable software.
Finally, the Why: I have recently been told that I was a little egotistic. I can't deny that I like to share my ideas and enjoy implementing them. However, I try to keep an eye on what's going on and I like to hear feedback that help me to progress. I can't predict if I will have any kind of success - and this is not what I am looking for - but I would like to share my thoughts and get feedback about them.

This being said, I will try to post as often as possible in order to show you my progress and take into accounts all the comments (... if any ...).

Have a good reading,
- Arnaud


No comments:

Post a Comment